How to make Short pastry
Hi, guys welcome back to my blog I’m going to share you how to make short
pastry short pastry. It is something used a lot in the kitchen whether you make sweet Dish or savoury Dish you can use short pastry you can make a pie, or you can make a quiche. Making shortcrust pastry is very easy and straightforward.
- 250 g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 12 g Sugar
- 4 g Salt
- 75 g Butter
- Lightly grease a pan ring if they are nonsticky.
- Sieve the flour onto a sheet of silicon paper.
- Place the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the cold fat and rub the flour and fat together to achieve breadcrumb/ground almond consistency.
- Add the egg to the butter and flour.
- Continue to mix until the mixture comes together, (do not over mix)
- Roll the paste out onto cling film into a disc and cover and place on a flat tray, labelled and dated in the fridge.
- Later when you want to use just simply roll it and place it on a tart tin.
- bake for 180 degrees for 15 min with baking beans and another 5 minutes without.
- It should be done and ready to use for your favourite dessert or savoury dish.
Just simply measure all the ingredients, you can find this recipe on the description or you can also download it from the website. A printable version of the same recipe once you measure and have the ingredients just simply put everything in the bowl and give it a nice rub. Simply just mix it with the flour, make sure there is no lump left and then once that is ready. It is very simple just add the egg into the bowl and mix with the flour. You can use the machine, but I prefer to do this with hand because we don’t want the gluten to form. We’ll keep the kneading as less as possible, with the hand you have better control, so I prefer just simply to mix
with the hand. Once everything is mixed together turn into a disc and wrap
it up with cling film. Then you need to keep it in the fridge for 15-20
Minutes so it should be nice and ready to roll. After 20 minutes now
I’m going to roll the pastry. First dusting some flour to avoid sticking on the surface then rolling until it’s thin.
Once I’m happy with the thickness, I will cut it according to the size of my mini tart. Then cut along the pastry and place it inside the tart pan carefully. Press and let it sit in the pan, then cut the extra with rolling pin give it a final press and then make some holes in the pastry to avoid bubbling up. I’m also going to place some baking beans on top, so they really stay flat you can use baking paper or cling film for this. Instead of baking beans, you may also use flour or rice basically anything which will add some way then bake it at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. And after 15 minutes take them out and take off the baking beans take a look it’s almost done just the button needs a bit more cooking so I’ll bake you for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes look at the beautiful. I believe you find this recipe easy now you can use this pastry for dessert or anything you want really, but in my case, I would make some quiche with this lovely pastry. I just made thank you for watching, and I will see you in the next Blog.