The geographical spread of the dumpling cover most of the globe. Dumpling have always coexisted as versions of an unpretentious, filling peasant food, making small amount of meat stretch far enough to feed large families and communities.
In this recipe I have given the recipe I mostly make at home, originally from Shaanxi-provinsen of china.
Chinese Dumpling Recipe
For the dough
- 12 g Active dry yeast
- 500 ml Warm water
- 400 g Plain flour all-purpous
- 50 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
For the Dumplings
- Desolve the yeast in the water and add water and flour, sugar and oil.
- Knead untill smooth and leave the dough to rest for about 45 minutes, until it has double in size.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin, sprinkle the baking powder on top, fold in two and knead again.
- Devide into 18 equal-sized balls and leave to rest about 30 minutes more, until it has grown in size.
- Now it is ready to use for making your fevourit dumpling recipe