Guess what EID is here and so am I with an easy recipe which will relieve you from all the hassle and spare you more time with family and friends. So further we do let us cook the easiest Lamb recipe you have ever seen.
Avocadoes are more popular than ever. And confusion about the quality and price is also driving me crazy. Now a day you can find avocado in every major superstore and it seems like they are also keen on taking advantage of the popularity and make…
INGREDIENTS 500 g butternut squash 1 red onion 4 chicken breasts 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 25 g pecan nuts or walnut halves 8 sage leaves Salt and pepper DIRECTIONS Arrange the squash, onion and chicken, skin side up, in a roasting…
This is the most delicious chicken biryani recipe made using dum method which can be made at any occasions.
Servings 4-6 / Cooking time: 2 hours
For the chicken:
• 1kg chicken on/off the bone
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
• 4 cardamom
• 1 black cardamom
• 1 cinnamon
• 1 tbsp methi leaf
• 1 tbsp cumin seeds
• 1tbsp coriander seeds
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 3-4 mace
• 2 star anise
• 3 medium size onions
• 1/2 cup yogurt
• 1 tbsp oil
• salt – to taste
For the rice:
• 600 gms basmati rice
• salt – to taste
• whole garam masala 1 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves, 3 cardamoms, 2 black cardamom , 6-7 black pepper corns, 2 star anise
• (*Same as the chicken spices it will keep the harmony of flavours )
• 1 tsp cumin/zeera seeds
• 1 tsp coriander seeds
• 3-4 mace
• 1/2 lemon
• 2 litres boiled water
For garnishing/seasoning while giving dum:
• 1 Sliced lemon
• 1 Sliced tomato
• 8-10 mint leaves
• 2-3 green chillies
• 2 tbsp kewra water
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
• 2 tbsp fryed onions
• 1 tsp ghee (optional)
• Firstly, in a deep heavy bottom pan add oil and cook the onions when the oil is hot. Once the onions are light-brown add the chicken pieces and cook. Then add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, and all the masalas and yogurt.
• Cook this for 15 minutes.
Cooking the rice:
• Wash the basmati rice and soak the rice in water for about 20-30 minutes.
• Take a saucepan and add hot water into it, add salt as per taste, add all the whole garam masala, quiz 1/2 lemon and leave the lemon in the water and boil for few minutes, it will infuse all the flavour into the water
• Then add the soaked rice and cook until it is 70% done or for about 5-7 minutes.
• Switch off the flame and strain the rice.
• By this time chicken should be ready.
• Take out half of the chicken, in the same pot over the other half add half of the rice that has been strained.
• Layer the biryani with some fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, tomato, kewra water and green chillies and cover with a lid.
• Dum the biryani on low flame for 15 minutes.
• Switch off the flame and delicious Biryani is done.
Hope you enjoy this delicious Birani recipe and don’t forget to share the tasty recipe with others so they can cook and invite you.
Vegetable Biryani: https://youtu.be/Z5c4OPR2w3o
Lamb Biryani: https://youtu.be/Z5c4OPR2w3o
Our website: https://www.welovefoods.co.uk